Pay and Benefits
From $18.00 per hour
Benefits: 401(k), 401(k) matching, Dental insurance, Disability insurance, Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off, Retirement plan
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform welding fabrication repairs for various construction equipment, trucks, etc., with a high degree of precision.
- Assist mechanics in the shop with other repairs as needed.
- Operate shop equipment and forklift as needed.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of various welding procedures, techniques, tools, and welding equipment.
- Broad understanding of metal types, range of thickness, and applicable welding practices.
- Familiarity with uses of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric tools.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mechanical tools and repairs.
- One year of experience performing similar duties.
- Dependability, reliability, honesty, and trainability
- Ability to comply with all safety rules and procedures
- Ability to prioritize effectively, work independently, manage time, multitask, and handle stress.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with customers, vendors, and employees.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and night shifts as needed.
- Positivity and team player attitude, with a desire to learn new tasks.
- Ability to pass pre- and post-employment drug screening and work history verification.
- High school diploma or GED.
- AWS certification(s) in welding materials and thickness use in the heavy equipment industry.
This position requires the ability to communicate in English with co-workers, customers and the general public.
This job requires the ability to understand and perform mathematical equations to achieve precise metal cuts and welding repairs.
Primary functions require the physical ability and mobility to stand, sit, or lie down for extended periods of time and repeatedly work overhead, kneel, crawl, push, pull, bend, twist, and climb equipment as required by task. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to identify and manipulate small components. Keen olfactory and auditory senses to identify unseen problems with equipment or fluids. Ability to frequently lift 25 to 50 pounds.
Combination of repair shop environment and periodic outside repairs exposed to variant weather conditions (hot, cold, rain, snow) and ability to stand for long periods of time. Regularly exposed to hazards such as noise, fumes, moving equipment, liquids and lubricants.
- Health & Dental Insurance
- 401k with Match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance