Established heavy civil contracting firm looking for an experienced diesel equipment mechanic to add to our team. We moved into a brand new facility just 6 years ago and it is very clean, well lit and open with 10 ton overhead crane and a 2 post vehicle hoist. We are continuing to grow and see the need for someone with specialized knowledge to be able to join our team. We have an exciting full-time opportunity for someone.
Please complete the Job Application Here
- Conduct regular preventive maintenance on trucks, trailers, small equipment and heavy equipment. Work to include but not limited to inspection, tire rotation, oil changes, hydraulic hose repair, electrical repairs and brake systems.
- Maintain parts inventory and cleanliness in the shop.
- Collaborate with repair team to diagnose problems with vehicles/equipment and plan repairs.
- Perform regular diagnostic tests on trucks and equipment.
- Completes required documentation, such as work completed documents, time sheets, warranty claims, core returns, and quality documents.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains work area and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 2-5 years experience as a Diesel Mechanic
- Must be a member of the 49ers Union (or have a willingness to join)
- Must possess a diploma or certificate in diesel mechanics or a related area from a technical school and at least two years of experience within the past five years working independently as a diesel engine mechanic.
- Independent work experience must include making repairs as a mechanic to include diesel systems, hydraulic systems and fuel systems.
- Must have experience conducting diagnostic tests to isolate problems such as with diesel engines, engine components, or computerized automatic and standard transmissions on diesel engines.
- Experience at operating heavy equipment or the ability to learn to operate heavy equipment in order to diagnose problems and perform road/field tests.
- Must posses a valid CDL license
- DOT Certified inspector preferred
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position and have mobility, vision and hearing, sense of smell and dexterity levels appropriate to the duties to be performed.
- Excellent reading and writing skills
- Capable of developing collaborative working relationships and getting along with coworkers.
- Able to identify and communicate opportunities for work process improvements.
- Can resolve common technical issues.
- Must furnish own tools, company will provide insurance.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Competitive salary based on knowledge and skill level.
- Full benefits package available after 30 days of employment
- Health Insurance w/ HSA plan
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance available after 6 months of employment
- 401 k participation with company match
Job Type: Full-time Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
Work Location: One location