Ramsey Companies, a heavy civil, demolition and deep foundations contractor whose core focus is developments in urban markets, is seeking qualified applicants who are safety minded, always working for the greater good of the organization, problem solvers, accountable, passionately consistent, and detailed team players who are honored to serve our customers as Estimators/Project Mangers in our Earthwork Group and Demolition Group.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Seek out bid opportunities through client relationships, network opportunities, public and private postings and assigned opportunities.
- Estimate projects for earthwork, environmental and specialty projects for private and public clients by reviewing plans and specifications, calculating quantities, soliciting quotes and submittals, preparing computer base estimates and creating bid submittals in a timely manner.
- Project management of earthwork, environmental and specialty projects including the following responsibilities: contract review and execution, obtain permits and licensing, perform necessary cost accounting for on-going projects including daily/weekly cost verifications, review/confirmation of daily logs, change orders, monthly project cost projections, preparing project invoicing, manage and monitor project billings and collections, attending project meetings, representing Ramsey Companies with clients/customers/vendors
- Maintain necessary estimating and project files.
- Project communications with clients, field staff, office support staff and management, work with appropriate staff to meet any EEO/DBE project requirements.
- Work with operations staff to coordinate appropriate construction methods, staffing needs and ensure all aspects of project are met safely, on or under budget and in an appropriate time frame.
- Continuous marketing of existing company clients and assist with efforts to generate/develop new client relationships.
- Assist with mentoring of junior estimator/project managers and seasonal interns.
- The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of related earthwork experience and a college degree (desired but not a requirement)
- Good communications skills, both oral and written
- Great attitude
- Ability to be a team leader under challenging conditions.
- Proven problem-solving ability and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Medical, HSA, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Match Component
- Company Vehicle Provided
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
Ramsey Companies is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.